According to the Content Marketing Institute, “content marketing is a strategic marketing approach focused on creating and distributing valuable, relevant and consistent content to attract and retain a clearly-defined audience – and, ultimately, to drive profitable customer action.” In simple terms, content marketing is a pull marketing strategy that revolves around developing content material and delivering messages which are relevant for the target audience. Nowadays, there are several content marketing tools available to help you create more personalized and useful content. Read on to know about 7 content marketing tools that you must have!
1.Buzzsumo – Buzzsumo is a popular social media analytics tool which can help you find and analyse content which is performing best for a particular topic or competitor. This content marketing tool can help you find popular content, influencers, get alerts and track your competitors. The main features you can get from Buzzsumo are social media content insights, effective content curation, customized alerts, data exports, open API and much more.
2. SEMrush – SEMrush is an all-in-one marketing toolkit which can help you in analysing the keywords being used by your competitors as well as the traffic they are receiving. By using this content marketing tool, you can do comprehensive keyword research, get full visibility about traffic coming from various sources, search position monitoring etc. Some of its features include domain-specific keyword ranking, position tracking, crawl audit tool, backlinks, keyword research and more.
3. HubSpot – HubSpot is a marketing, sales and service software which includes several content marketing tools like form builders, popup tools, live chats, chatbots, WordPress plugins and a world-class CMS. HubSpot serves as a one-stop-shop for all your content marketing requirements by providing features which can be used by different departments at different levels of the organization. Coupled with a powerful marketing automation platform and CRM, HubSpot is the best tool to achieve all your content marketing goals.
4. WordPress – WordPress is the most popular CMS tool and website builder that is used by marketers. This content marketing tool can help you build and host websites as well as provide plugin architecture to customize websites according to your preferences. Some of the features provided by this 100% free content marketing platform include audio content, document indexing, SEO management, text editor, image editor and more.
5. Grammarly – Your content may be remarkable, but the presence of spelling errors and grammatical mistakes can completely ruin the effect! This is where Grammarly comes in. Grammarly is a great grammar-checker and proof-reader due to its high degree of accuracy in correcting mistakes. With the help of this content marketing tool, you can not only avoid embarrassing grammatical mistakes but also change your writing style according to the genre you are writing about. The features provided by Grammarly include grammar & spelling checks, punctuation checks, vocabulary enhancement, plagiarism checker and genre-specific writing style check.
6. Yoast – Yoast is a very popular tool for writing SEO-focused content. This WordPress plugin adds that extra boost needed to write content which is discoverable by both humans and search engines. This easy-to-use content marketing tool serves as an all-in-one solution for creating engaging and SEO-friendly content. Some of the features you can take advantage of include built-in content analysis, meta keywords, description management, rich snippets and much more.
7. Zapier – Zapier is an automation platform that connects different apps in order to automate the tasks and workflows in your organization. This content marketing tool can help you save heaps of time by connecting your regularly used apps and automating manual tasks. Some of the features provided by Zapier are Zaps creation, import/export through Google sheets, dashboards, task history etc.
Content serves as the base on which all your marketing activities are implemented. As such, having some content marketing tools can make your job easier by helping you create and curate interesting and relevant content for your audience. The above 7 content marketing tools are a must-have for every content writer and marketer to create hard-hitting content and dramatically improve engagement rates!