Mobile is outpacing desktop based ad revenue. According to the latest survey mobile ad revenue grew by 66%,while desktop was just 5% up.
Mobile devices account for 53% of paid search clicks. It has been predicted that by 2018, the global wearable market will reach $19 billion.
Also it has been found that:
- 48% of consumers start mobile research with a search engine.
- 50% of smartphone users grab their smartphone immediately after waking up.
- 88% of consumers who search for a type of local business on a mobile device call or go to that business within 24 hours.
Hence,we need to have a correct mobile marketing strategy to stand out in market.
Few important ways to improve your mobile marketing.
- Identify and optimize for moments when your audience engages via mobile.
- Understand consumer intent signals
- Create mobile-specific content that resonates on the small screen
- Bring the consumer along the buyer’s journey with story telling and micro-moments.
- Optimize mobile design for site speed
CREATE MICRO MOMENT
Micro moments are instances where consumers expect brands to address their needs with real time relevance.These critical touch points within the consumer journey work in conjunction to ultimately determine how that journey ends.
Micro-moment runs on the principal of 3 B’S mentioned below.
BE THERE: You should anticipate micro moment for the users in your industry and commit to being there to help when those moments occur.
BE USEFUL: You’ve got to be relevant to consumers needs in the moment and connect people to the answers they are looking for.
BE QUICK: They are called micro-moment for a reason, so your mobile experience should be fast and smooth.
MICRO-MOMENTS FROM CONSUMER’S POINT OF VIEW:
- I WANT TO KNOW MOMENT: 51% of smartphone users discovers new product or brand while conducting a search on their smartphone.
- I WANT TO GO MOMENT: It has been found 2x increase in “near me”searches in last year.
- I WANT TO DO MOMENT: Searches related to “how to” on you tube are growing 70% every year.
- I WANT TO BUY MOMENT: 82% of smartphone users consult their phone while in a store.
MAKE SURE YOUR WEBSITE IS RESPONSIVE
Most noteworthy insight found is that
- 64% of smartphone users expect a site to load in 4 seconds or less.
- 40% have turned to a competitors site for a better mobile experience.
- 1 in 4 online shoppers abandon their carts if a site’s navigation is complex.
Therefore to avoid these circumstances to occur you should have :
- Responsive web design
- Simplified Layout
- Easy CTA’s
- Great for SEO
- Fast load time.
In addition to above key points below are 2 important link which can be useful to check your website speed and whether the site is user friendly or not.
https://search.google.com/search-console/mobile-friendly : Google tool to test whether your website is mobile friendly or not.
https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/ : Google tool to test the speed of your website.
SPEED UP YOUR WEBSITE( TIPS TO SPEED UP YOUR WEBSITE)
- Size images before uploading them.
- Delete heavy plugins.
- Compress web & css files.
- Switch to a faster web host: WP engine or A2 hosting.
- Use a caching plugin.
MOBILE VIDEO QUALITY
Almost more than half of all video viewing is now on mobile.
Hence,following are few effective ways to use mobile video:
- Host an interactive Q+A.
- Broadcast a class,tutorial,or demo.
- Show behind the scenes of your business.
- Engage your audience with vlog content.(VLOG stands for video blog,a blog that contains video content).
Mobile users always looks for local places while out and about. So if you want to deliver, you need to get your business on the local map.
Google my business makes it easy for mobile users to discover you while they search.
Get your free listing on google my business through this link https://www.google.com/business/.
It has been seen that brand growth in 2017 is mostly dependent on video marketing
68% of YouTube users watched you tube to make a purchase.
34% of B2C Marketers says that pre-produced video will be critical to content marketing success.
28% of smartphone users watch video on their devices at least once a day.
It has been found that more than 75% of Facebook’s ad revenue now comes from mobile device. So as a marketer one should try the following for better results.
- DYNAMIC ADS: Advertiser’s can reach broader audience segments,engaged with multiple websites or content on Facebook looking for similar products.
- LIVE 360 VIDEO: Captivating interactive photos. So when the video is playing on Facebook users can choose what angle they want to see the video from.
- FACEBOOK LIVE: Share and interact with the viewers/audience in real time.
TRACK YOUR MOBILE EFFORTS
Use google analytics to track your mobile efforts and execute accordingly.
WHAT TO LOOK FOR:
- What % of visitors are mobile.
- What mobile devices they are using.
- Top mobile content.
- Top I pad and I phone content.
- Average time on site for mobile visitors
- Bounce rate by mobile device.
CREATE AD THAT SPEAKS TO THE MOBILE USER
Within ad-words we have been able to write ads that speaks to the mobile user with the click of a button.
We have been able to use verbiage such as:
- Buy now from your phone
- Visit our mobile site.
With this type of messaging, we’ve been able to instill trust in mobile users with our Ads, which in turn drives
CREATE MOBILE FRIENDLY CONTENT: The content is based on what mobile users need QUICKLY!
- Headline should be short and persuasive.
- Break out content.
- Provide links and call to action.
- Create snackable content.( Snackable content is website content that is designed to be easy for readers to consume and to share.)
USE DEVICE SPECIFIC BIDDING:
In the last few years, we’ve only had bidding modification for mobile devices,now we are able to do this for mobile,desktop,tablets.
Knowing this we can create a work around to speak to the users.
MOBILE SPECIFIC AD EXTENSION
As we all know ad extensions plays a very important role in online marketing. Hence we should be very precise and careful as to which ad extensions should be used when it comes to mobile marketing.
Use the below mobile specific ad extensions:
- PRICE EXTENSION:
- Mobile only feature(wont show up on a desktop).
- Each link can lead to a different page on-site.
- In addition to the ad,they will help dominate all visible real estate in the SERP pre-scroll.
2. LOCATION EXTENSION:
- Will help direct your mobile traffic to your store.
3. CALL EXTENSIONS:
- These extensions allow users to directly connect to you via phone calls.
- You can use a dynamic call forwarding number or use your own number if you can employ
4. MESSAGE EXTENSION:
- Works exactly like call extension,but instead of call end user will text your business.
- Great for business to consumer models.
PERSONALIZE MULTI-CHANNEL USER EXPERIENCE
Ingredients for personalization:
- Touch point
Social media is a great and best source to get data from. Few examples are Facebook,google,LinkedIn,etc.
Another source of data is localization.Localization not only translate website contents but it also connects with consumers on personal level,builds your brand image in a way that is accessible as well as unique.
Localization based servicing has will have impact in following ways:
- PROXIMITY MARKETING: Since mobile conversion rates are low,this can help in drive customer traffic to the store if a brand has one. It utilizes location technologies to directly communicate with customers via their portable devices.It includes distribution of media,information,gaming,retail check-ins,payment,local advertising.It can be implemented through multiple methods.Few are mentioned below:
1) NFC( Near Field Communication): Location of the phone can be identified by NFC enabled on a phone connecting to a RFID chip on a product or media.
2)GEO-FENCING:Every mobile connection is managed between towers.So text messaging marketing system utilizes your mobile location and push a message notification to those devices that are within a specific region.
3)MOBILE BROWSER:If a person visits a company’s site while in a particular location then we can geo-target dynamic content to that individual.
TOUCH POINT: A touch point is a way a brand reaches to its targeted audience. Each touch point is a message that influences a consumer in some or other way.Touch points can be face-to-face discussions, promotional fliers, online ads and anything else that involves a business marketing message, or brand name reaching the customer. The effectiveness of your small business marketing touch points can determine your level of success and the ways your marketing can be improved.
In conclusion we can see that mobile has drastically changed how we interact with world around us. As the mobile experience becomes more refined,it’s very important to have a correct and strategic approach in understanding how consumers behave while using these devices,and how to persuasively reach them.
Also if companies first develops a calculated strategy around mobile and utilize relevant marketing tools for the specific campaigns, then they can easily take advantage of this platform to convey their message to with their audience in most effective way.